[mythtv-users] 3D interlacer?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 07:05:16 UTC 2011

On 8 June 2011 14:36, Andy Burns <mythtv.lists at burns.me.uk> wrote:
> You can't keep a good rumour down, BBC will be transmitting Wimbledon in 3D
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9506439.stm
>
> Now I don't have a 3D TV, but mythTV currently de-interlaces from
> 1080i/25 to 1080p/50 ... so I wonder is it possible to bodge up a
> customised "3D deinterlacer" to separate out the left/right views and
> drive an infrared blaster to control a pair of shutter glasses in
> sync?

It all really depends on how they're actually transmitting. I'm
assuming 'side by side' but they don't seem to have gone into the
technical details.

Assuming side by side, the quick and easy approach, for non 3D TV
owners, is to hack up an anaglyph filter and break out an old pair of
red/cyan glasses. I've been meaning to tinker with that for ages:) Not
exactly state of the art though.

regards

Mark