[mythtv-users] Stable DVB-S2 hardware

w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 11:53:47 UTC 2011

Hallo

With BBC moving its HD channels to DVB-S2 an Canal Digital (Netherlands)
moving it's SD channels to DVB-S2 the coming year its time to ugrade my
backend.

So I am looking for stable DVB-S2 tunercards that have good CI
support.(all dutch channels are encrypted)

I prefer PCIe,USB,Firewire in favor of PCI.

Firewire
In only find these.
http://digital-everywhere.com/
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-S2_IEEE1394_Devices

I know the manufacturer is gone but i can find these devices on second
hand pages.
I would be interested in the floppy version.

USB
In find these.
http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/QBoxS2CI.html
http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p160_SATELCO-EasyWatch-HDTV-USB-CI--DVB-S2-.html
http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p119_TechnoTrend-Connect-S2-3650-HDTV-S2-USB-CI-inkl--TT-Viewer.html

Does anybody use any of the above cards?

Or any other that is stable.

Thanks in advance.

Wim