[mythtv-users] OS X 10.7 Xcode 4.1

Matthew Smith mmssmith at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:23:13 UTC 2011

Has anyone tried to build 0.24 on OS X 10.7 with Xcode 4.1 yet?

I've got a mac mini on the way and want to compile both front and backends
on it. I've built mythtv on a variety of linux flavours over the past six
years, but never before on a mac, and poking around the messages on this
list, it looks like this is potentially a mess.

For starters, I remember life was always easier with nvidia and mythtv on
linux, and see that the mac has a radeon HD 6630M.

I also note that OS X 10.7 sounds like a messy mix of 64 and 32 bit code,
and of course has only been in userland for a week along with Xcode 4.1.

Anyway, if anyone is able to share experiences about flags that need to be
passed when compiling, failed dependencies etc. it'd be appreciated.

For example, I see from the wiki (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Building_MythTV_on_Mac_OS_X) that GCC 4.x may not
be able to compile mythtv and that GCC 3.3.3-7 modules might be needed. Is
this still the case? I see the OS X wiki hasn't changed since March.

Will I need to force a 32-bit build to get mythtv to compile or can I build
64-bit versions of dependencies like LAME?

Thanks, and I'll share my experiences once the machine is up and running.