[mythtv-users] Setting up a replacement Myth server

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Jul 26 15:36:01 UTC 2011

   I'm a month or so away from being in a position where I can finally
update my 7-year-old MythTV server.  When I first started considering this
some time ago, I was going to move my tuner hardware across, but I feel that
I'd be better off starting afresh and having my old tuner cards as backups.

   My main worry is around the maintenance of my database.  I have accrued
an awful lot of history and recording rules I'd like to keep intact.

   Am I right in thinking that if I replace my existing 2 tuner cards (one's
a PVR-350 for s-video in from my satellite box, the other's a single-tuner
Nova DVB-T card) with [functionality] like-for-like replacements, then “all”
I have to do after transferring the d/b is delete the old tuners and add the
new ones with appropriate settings, and attach them to the existing sources?

   Will that retain my suite of recoding rules (like, “record only on this
channel”, etc.)?  And my DVB-T settings (mux and freq. settings, etc.)?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature