[mythtv-users] Need help - audio shows in ubuntu mixer, records with Sound Recorder, but does not work in mythtv

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Jul 26 11:57:32 UTC 2011

On 7/25/2011 22:21, James wrote:
>> Having to record off a separate sound card from your tuner is pretty rare.
>> What is your tuner card?
> I've got a hauppauge 950q which does have onboard USB audio-in.
> However, if I connect the audio the 950q's RCA inputs I get no audio
> in mythtv but also no audio in ubuntu/pulseaudio mixer.  So I started
> trying the onboard audio, since I can at least use the Sound Recorder
> (and arecord) programs with that.  If I could get the 950q's audio in
> working, I'd just use that instead.

Most people around here will tell you these kinds of problems are why
you don't even bother with framegrabbers in the first place.  Pick up an
old PVR-150 or -500.  Or pick up a new HVR-2250.  Or if you require USB,
get a PVR-USB2 or HVR-1950.  Get a proper hardware mpeg encoder, and
avoid these issues all together.