[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sat Jul 16 12:25:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> All it takes is one poor cable to
> really ruin the experience, and it is cheaper for the installer
> to just replace everything rather than sweep test each and
> every cable (time is money for them).

Perhaps, but in my case his decisions were not for lack of time or
testing.  He meticulously tested the signal strength at each junction
before replacing a part that didn't meet his standards.  The whole
process of the installation took more than six hours, and I only have
one cable outlet in the house.

Eric