[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback scheduling howto

Mauricio Henriquez buhochileno at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 18:22:03 UTC 2011

On 07/08/2011 02:11 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 12:49:05 -0400, Mauricio Henriquez
> <buhochileno at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 07/07/2011 10:18 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

>>> Mplayer on a playlist will let you loop through videos on your hard
>>> drive.
>>>

>> thanks, I know, but it not allow sheduling... (what day at what time
>> play this, this other play this other...)
>>
> ... because no one has bothered to write it... because there's really no
> demand for such a feature.  Chances are you will not find an existing
> application that can do this, but will have to write a script to either
> control a program such as mythfrontend, or run a player like mplayer in
> batch fashion.

..yeap, now I see that what I see as a easy thing it become a very weird
thing..don't take me wrong, I'm not blaiming mythtv at all...just that I
think that it have it right now....and to write a script I think that I
can write my own player for that matter since the rest of mythtv
features are not going to be use it...
..may be cron and prepared playlists are an easy solution...

..btw, for Windows I find 3 or 4 apps that do that job (Otto video
player, playback director and some others..)

thanks for your time

Mauricio