[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback scheduling howto

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jul 8 18:11:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 12:49:05 -0400, Mauricio Henriquez
<buhochileno at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/07/2011 10:18 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 21:58:34 -0400, Mauricio Henriquez
>> <buhochileno at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> do you know other software, maybe mythtv is to much for what I want?
>>>
>> Mplayer on a playlist will let you loop through videos on your hard
>> drive.
>>
> thanks, I know, but it not allow sheduling... (what day at what time
> play this, this other play this other...)

... because no one has bothered to write it... because there's really no
demand for such a feature.  Chances are you will not find an existing
application that can do this, but will have to write a script to either
control a program such as mythfrontend, or run a player like mplayer in
batch fashion.