[mythtv-users] Updating program info displayed

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Wed Jul 6 20:32:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:19:00 -0400, DFishburn wrote:
> I have a question about changing which data is displayed as I cycle through the list of programs I want to playback.
>
> I always get confused between the theme and the OSD.
>
> So, as I move through the available records, the bottom of my screen shows this information:
> Series Title
> Episode Title
> Channel Channel Title
> Some flags Fri June 24, 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
> Episode description
>

> I would like to modify this to also include the Original Airdate. The only way I know to get this information is via MythWeb, which is often not very convenient.
>
> I believe this can be modified by editing some of the XML files under either:
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/blootubelite-wide
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/isthmus
>

> What I think I would like would be something like this:
> Channel Channel Title Original Fri Dec 24 2007, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
> Some flags Last Fri June 24, 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
>

> Any suggestions, and is this possible by simply editing the XML?
>
> TIA,
> Dave

Instead of tinkering with the theme, why not take advantage of the ability to sort subtitles by original air date? You can do that by going into Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings -> Playback. On page 4, View Recordings, you can choose episode sort orderings (ascending vs descending) and what to use as the sort key. For those first two fields, I have:
Episode sort orderings: Sort all-subtitles/multi-titles Ascending
Sort episodes: Original air date

Normally, I don't really care what the original air date is, but I do want to watch episodes of TV series in order of original air date. This lets me do just that. When I really do want to see the original air date, I can display that when I'm in the Watch recordings screen by pressing I, Info. A second press of I, Info displays even more details.

HTH,
Helen