[mythtv-users] Updating program info displayed

DFishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 11:50:45 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> On 07/05/2011 10:19 AM, DFishburn wrote:
>>> I have a question about changing which data is displayed as I cycle
>>> through the list of programs I want to playback.
>>>
>>> I always get confused between the theme and the OSD.
>>>
>>> So, as I move through the available records, the bottom of my screen
>>> shows this information:
>>> Series Title
>>> Episode Title
>>> Channel  Channel Title
>>> Some flags          Fri June 24, 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
>>> Episode description
>>>

>>> I would like to modify this to also include the Original Airdate.  The
>>> only way I know to get this information is via MythWeb, which is often
>>> not very convenient.
>>>
>>> I believe this can be modified by editing some of the XML files under
>>> either:
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/blootubelite-wide
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/isthmus
>>>

>>> What I think I would like would be something like this:
>>> Channel  Channel Title  Original Fri Dec 24 2007, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
>>> Some flags          Last Fri June 24, 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
>>>

>>> Any suggestions, and is this possible by simply editing the XML?
>>>
>> The non-playback UI is the UI Theme--the UI during playback is the OSD
>> Theme.  So, since Watch Recordings is shown before getting into playback
>> (used to start playback, actually), you want to edit the UI theme--which
>> would be blootubelite-wide, according to the above.

Thanks Mike, that description is all I need.

Charles has been helping me with the theme XML and I am very close.

I ended up modifying this section of my blootubelite-wide/ui.xml.  I
added the <value> element.  If not included, it looks like it simply
uses the "name" of the textarea and pulls that parameter to display.

<container name="program_info_play">
<textarea name="subtitle" draworder="6">
<area>20,40,1260,40</area>
<multiline>yes</multiline>
<value>%SUBTITLE|Episode:|   %%ORIGINALAIRDATE|Original Airdate:|%</value>
</textarea>

What I have there is pretty good.
By using the "%SUBTITLE|Episode:| ", it will surround the episode's
subtitle with what follows the |, if and only if the subtitle was
provided.  So the output I get on screen can look like any of these:

Episode:Week1  Original Airdate: Mon May 16
Original Airdate: Mon May 16
Episode:Week1

Which is better than getting this type of output:
Episode:   Original Airdate:

If nothing was available.

I have one last remaining request.  The Original Airdate really needs
the YEAR.

Does anyone know how to get this value?
Does anyone know where I can go to get a list of all the available
parameters, so I can cycle through them looking for the ones I need?

Thanks,
Dave