[mythtv-users] Upgrade Suggestions - currently on myth 0.21 with PVR150, 250, 350

Colin McEwan colin.mcewan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 13:01:20 UTC 2011

> In my case here, I gave up on the in-kernel driver for the remote on
> my card, and simply rewrote it to work correctly (again).
> Most mythtv users probably don't see that as an option, though.  :)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that's thought along these lines.
Admittedly I was rather pushed into it by the fact that the transceiver I
bought (USB IRToy)  doesn't have transmit support in LIRC and I needed it to
blast the cable box, and also receive commands from non-RC5 remotes, so I
had to implement *something*; but after a quick look at the state of the IR
support, I reasoned I'd be far better off to just write something which does
exactly what I need instead of trying to plumb support into the existing
code!

Cheers,
--
C.