[mythtv-users] Segfault when try to run mythfrontend a second time

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Sun Jan 30 22:39:32 UTC 2011

On 27/01/11 18:44, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/27/2011 05:54 AM, John Veness wrote:
>> Now, the second time I try to run mythfrontend, it will segmentation
>> fault after it produces a few lines of text in the terminal and before
>> it brings up any window. It does this whether the first mythfrontend
>> is actually playing a program, or just sitting in the menu.
>
> You need to set up your ServicePort in your config.xml files so that the
> 2 frontends each have their own.

Thanks Mike. Seeing as both mythfrontends are being run by the same
logged-in user, how can I have two separate Service Ports or config.xml
files?

Also out of interest, do you know what commit changed the observed
behaviour in 0.24-fixes a few days ago? I've been able to run two
mythfrontends simultaneously on the same machine and same logged-in
users for the last couple of years without this issue.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T