[mythtv-users] Chromakey OSD causes high CPU usage

Tim Williams tim at my-place.org.uk
Sat Jan 29 20:05:27 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've just upgraded my system from 0.23 (which was working perfectly
before the upgrade) to 0.24. However, I now find that whenever the OSD is
visible during playback, I now get very high CPU usage from the X process
causing playback to stutter. If I switch the OSD renderer from
chromakey to ia44blend, then the problem goes away, however when using
ia44blend I find that about 80% of the OSD menu gets cut off when i'm in
editing mode (which I use quite a lot). This means i'm having to
constantly switch the OSD renderer depending on what i'm doing.

I'm using an EPIA-SP13000 motherboard with CentOS5. (OSD fades are
disabled, they have never been reliable)

Any suggestions ?

Tim W

--
Come to my place at http://www.my-place.org.uk