[mythtv-users] 5.1 wrong speaker problem

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Wed Jan 26 16:34:02 UTC 2011

On 1/26/2011 11:01 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 26 January 2011 16:43, Ken Bass<kbass at kenbass.com>  wrote:
>> Can you explain what that checkbox does. I did not check it because it says
>> to use it only if your amp only supports 2 channels PCM (typically an old
>> HDMI 1.0 device). Multi-channels audio will be re-encoded to AC3 when
>> required.
> It tells myth to not output multichannels PCM.
> e.g. all multichannels audio will be re-encoded as AC3 when required
> (passthrough still works obviously)

Dumb question, but where is passthrough selected? I see nothing called
passthrough on that screen.

>> Having that statement in there is somehow messing up boot-time init of the
>> sound card.
> you just need to change the configuration of pulseaudio ..

That is what I have been messing with for many many hours. Any
suggestions? I kind of thought only alsa was used in mythtv. But adding
that remap stuff to asound does something to pulseaudio which prevents
the device from being created which causes no device for myth to open.