[mythtv-users] Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Jan 24 14:25:29 UTC 2011

On 1/24/2011 08:34, Anthony Rooney wrote:
> I would like a music library that lists music that is located in
> various physical locations as one centralised logical store.  Can this
> be done with Myth Music?

With storage groups in MythVideo and recordings, you can define storage
on multiple backends, and MythTV will seamlessly mix them together and
stream them to any frontend.  MythMusic has not yet been migrated over
to using them, and still relies on local storage.  You will have to
mount each share in the same place on each frontend.

If you have a Linux box running as an always-on backend, why not take
advantage of it?  Move all your music to one central location, and share
it out to your PCs from there.  Seems like the most logical setup to me
whether using MythTV or any other media center application.  Having
content scattered all across your network just seems like a messy
configuration.