[mythtv-users] Mytharchive and jpeg2yuv

Teruel de Campo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Fri Jan 21 02:31:24 UTC 2011

ref:
mytharchive 0.24
opensuse 11.3 64
Hauppage HD-PVR Comcast
mjpegtools 1.9.0-9.3.1

Problem: I can create and iso image from a nuv file when I use simple
autoplay. I can not create an iso image when I use any of the theme
menus.
<<**ERROR: [mplex] Unable to read from /mnt_tb/dvd/work/temp.m2v>>
Temp.m2v is 0 size !!!

I believe the problem is with Mytharchive. All the images are png and if
you input a png file into jpeg2yuv  you will produce a temp.m2v of 0
size.

Here is the test

$ convert /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/themes/Black/preview.png
preview.jpg

$ jpeg2yuv -n -1 -v2 -I p -f 25 -j 'preview.jpg' > temp.m2v

$ ls -la    and look at the size of temp.m2v

$ jpeg2yuv -n -1 -v2 -I p -f 25 -j
'/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/themes/Black/preview.png' > temp.m2v

$ ls -la  now temp.m2v  is size 0

so jpeg2yuv at least in the present version that I have with the above
ref version can not process .png files and therefore none of the menu
themes work.

Am I wrong?

-=terry=-