[mythtv-users] HD-PVR audio sync issues

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 01:05:07 UTC 2011

You wrote:

>I had to just modify it slightly to adjust the sleeps and change the '8'
>to a '7' for my receiver. It does seem to fix the audio issue, but it
>still reoccurs every time I change the channel. Running it once a day
>doesn't fix the issue.
>
>When I look at it more in depth, it appears the audio is actually 1-2
>seconds AHEAD of the video, not behind as I stated previously. I
>haven't tried using stereo input, but I will work on that today/tomorrow.

i wrote the script listed here:

I have no clue why changing from 1080i to 720p and back every day
works but it works for me. It has to be after the dish box updates
itself automagically in the morning.

Also critical was to have the dish set top box only output PCM,
which is selectable in the setup menus, and capture that on
the digital input to the HDPVR.

Since then it has worked fine and I have no sound sync issues.

I also wrote a channel change script that uses the guide:

That also seem to work fine.

The only issues have been when the IR blaster gets knocked loose
and the set top box does not get the IR commands.

I'm using 0.24-fixes that has the HDPVR signal monitor. That is also
critical for everything to work right. I looks like you have that.

Mark