[mythtv-users] HD-PVR audio sync issues

mythtv at blandford.net mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Jan 20 15:02:43 UTC 2011

On 01/17/2011 08:11 PM, Michael Lynch wrote:
>> Can you tell me what options this actually changes on your receiver?
>>
>> Looking at mine and following the script, it is trying to change some local
>> tv scanning options and I am guessing that is not what it would be doing on
>> yours.
>>
>> If you can tell me what it is really changing, I am sure I can adapt it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Michael
>
> I'm reattaching the script with inline comments.  Let me know if it
> helps out or if you need anything else. (BTW, I'm not sure why
> changing from 1080i to 720p then back to 1080i fixes the sound issue,
> but it has been doing so for a couple of months now and the wife no
> longer complains of sound sync issues)

Thanks Michael,

I had to just modify it slightly to adjust the sleeps and change the '8'
to a '7' for my receiver.  It does seem to fix the audio issue, but it
still reoccurs every time I change the channel.  Running it once a day
doesn't fix the issue.

When I look at it more in depth, it appears the audio is actually 1-2
seconds AHEAD of the video, not behind as I stated previously.  I
haven't tried using stereo input, but I will work on that today/tomorrow.

Michael