[mythtv-users] Requesting some sample kill a watt meter numbers

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Jan 18 21:55:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 04:04:25PM -0500, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 1/18/2011 15:45, Greg Oliver wrote:
> >While I share your same opinion on the Atoms, I have to jump in and
> >also say that all of the low power capable cpus that throttle down to
> >the same power usage all exhibit the same issue - and that is they
> >throttle more than the cpu, and starve other components.  This hampers
> >high bitrate playback, and renders them useless as well..
>
> That's not at all true.  The only time I have ever heard of clock
> stepping causing problems with VDPAU playback were on older AMD
> systems using integrated nVidia video.  The memory controller would

    Well, this includes a lot of the solutions under discussion.

[deletia]

    I first saw this myself with the original AppleTV. I pretty much
disabled all of the power management on my ATV to ensure that the
device was running at it's full potential. I also powered it off
completely when it wasn't being used.