[mythtv-users] Firewire errors during recording

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Jan 14 14:05:53 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Stephen Otto <sotto at emsco.com> wrote:

>> doubtful
>

> :-(

I'm far less doubtful.  I think upgrading to a newer release should be
your first step.  There have been tons of firewire changes since the
version you're running now.

>> What firewire chipset is on the firewire card you have?
>
> Not sure. The card is a Syba SD-LP-VT3F I got from Newegg. Details from
> newegg says:

None of those details answer the question, but based on the picture,
it's a Via chipset.

You can tell for sure on the command line by running this:

lspci | grep FireWire

On my system this prints:

03:07.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB43AB23
IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link)

It will probably identify a Via chip on yours.

Eric