[mythtv-users] Flag to allow channel change script to know whether you're watching Live TV?

Michael PARKER michael.parker at st.com
Fri Jan 14 09:05:13 UTC 2011

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Artz
Sent: 14 January 2011 05:14
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Flag to allow channel change script to know whether you're watching Live TV?

On Jan 13, 2011 8:28 AM, "Michael PARKER" <michael.parker at st.com> wrote:

> There's a limit to how much TV you can watch through a minute PiP window because the wife inadvertantly pressed the Guide button on the remote before heading off to bed....

Ummm....  Wait a second...  Why is she even using the STB remote?  The STB remote should have the batteries removed and be hidden away in a drawer.   Only MythTV should be controlling the STB, or you'll have the exact problem you are experiencing.
J-e-f-f-A

----

Jeff,

I take your point, but we're one of those MythTV using families that don't use LiveTV that much. We still use the STB for viewing HD content from BBC iPlayer for example, as the Mythbox is only capable of grabbing SD content from the STB's SCART o/p.

Given we'll be sticking with this dual STB+Mythbox setup for the foreseeable future, I'm just trying to build some tolerance/robustness to STB user errors on the Myth side of things.

Cheers,

Mike