[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend memory leak?

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Fri Jan 7 11:22:11 UTC 2011

On 06/01/11 20:28, George Poulson wrote:
> On 6 January 2011 19:57, thigger <thigger at gmail.com
> <mailto:thigger at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks - I'll have a look. I'm using version 195.36.24 (lucid lynx
>     package) though so not sure it's the same issue but I'll try updated
>     drivers anyway.
>

> I have the same drivers here too.
> My frontend is based on Ubuntu Lucid and 'sudo apt-get update' doesn't
> offer me anything newer.
> I'd be appy to try a driver update as long as it's straightforward and
> there's negligible risk (I have to consider the WAF :-) )
> George

There's a PPA available with updated drivers that I've used
successfully: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates

This does only have the latest from each stream though, so no version
256.x.x, only 260.19.29, but they've been good for me so far.

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started