[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend memory leak?

Tom Gerrard mythtv at simpletcpip.com
Thu Jan 6 23:22:58 UTC 2011

> I have the same drivers here too.
> My frontend is based on Ubuntu Lucid and 'sudo apt-get update' doesn't offer
> me anything newer.
> I'd be appy to try a driver update as long as it's straightforward and
> there's negligible risk (I have to consider the WAF :-) )

It's fairly straightforward, there are instructions here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NvidiaManual

That said I suspect it may not help, I've tried all versions from 190
to 260 and the problem persists (running Mythbuntu 0.24-fixes), and
just set up a cron job to stop the frontend at night and restart ready
for the next evening.

We noticed this fairly recently, around the same time the problems in
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9410 started although that could
very well be a coincidence.  Before this we watched BBC HD and didn't
have to restart the frontend for months at a time.

I should be able to do a valgrind on saturday if no-one else can in
the meantime.

Tom