[mythtv-users] git and 0.24 fixes rpm packaging

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jan 6 15:41:08 UTC 2011

On Mon, January 3, 2011 5:18 pm, David Knight wrote:
> Guys, I sent a message to the list a week or so ago now about the rpm
> packaging script in 0.24 fixes. Since the move to git and seperation of
> some mythtv modules the script is now broken, I noticed the 0.25 version
> of the script has been updated for git but not the 0.24 fixes version.
>
> So at the moment anyone who builds rpm packages for 0.24 fixes is stuck.
>
> I was going to compare the 0.25 and 0.24 versions and hack my own working
> copy but this doesn't help anyone else who also uses the script.
>
> Many thanks for all your hard work on mythtv.
>
> Regards
>
> Dave

I have updated the "build_myth.sh" script and also the spec file for
mythtv 0.24/fixes. I haven't used svn or git for submitting changes before
but I have just created an account on github using the wiki instructions.

I used Chris Peterson's 0.25 spec file and build script as a guide for
updating the 0.24 versions to work with git.

For now the script and spec file are here:

http://caprica.unospace.net/mythtv-0.24/build_myth.sh
http://caprica.unospace.net/mythtv-0.24/mythtv.spec

Regards

Dave K.