[mythtv-users] git and 0.24 fixes rpm packaging

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jan 3 17:18:15 UTC 2011

On Sun, January 2, 2011 12:50 pm, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>   On 01/02/2011 07:17 AM, Matthew Anderson wrote:
>> I am familiar with subversion but not git. Do you have any suggestions
>> on a
>> howto on the net in using git to checkout the latest version? Is it as
>> simple as subversion (ie svn co http://.....)?
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac
> +
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/UsingGit
>
> Mike

Guys, I sent a message to the list a week or so ago now about the rpm
packaging script in 0.24 fixes. Since the move to git and seperation of
some mythtv modules the script is now broken, I noticed the 0.25 version
of the script has been updated for git but not the 0.24 fixes version.

So at the moment anyone who builds rpm packages for 0.24 fixes is stuck.

I was going to compare the 0.25 and 0.24 versions and hack my own working
copy but this doesn't help anyone else who also uses the script.

Many thanks for all your hard work on mythtv.

Regards

Dave