[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 4 support in MythTV...

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 20:56:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Tom Bongiorno <tom at bongohut.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the update.  So, if I understand you correctly, it works now in
> the mythtv-rec branch, but it is just a question of when that branch gets
> merged into trunk.  Maybe .25, but just a guess.
> As for limitations, it should have the same limitation as capturing over
> FireWire per the new rules set by CableLabs.  I am luckily a Comcast
> customer and would love to replace my FireWire tuners with one of these
> CableCard options.
> BTW, I can't believe I just said "I am luckily a Comcast customer".  Yuk!
> Thanks again,

Please bottom post to this list.  Thanks.

Mostly right above, except for the work is in progress on the rec
branch, not finished, so I want to strongly caution people against
trying to switch branches for something that is not finished or
supported.  .25 is the expected merge window for this branch, but
nothing is ever absolute.  It's not a guess, it's my informed
understanding.

Robert