[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 4 support in MythTV...

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 20:42:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Tom Bongiorno <tom at bongohut.com> wrote:
> This is my first email to this mailing list so don't flame me.  I am
> not sure what is taboo here.
>
> Here goes...
>
> Has any heard about the status of support for the Ceton InfiniTV 4?
> With the SD HDHomeRun PRIME around the corner, I wasn't sure what
> would be our options in the next six months.
> Thanks,
> Tom

It'll be supported after the mythtv-rec branch is merged in, likely
for .25.  It will have the same limitations as any other cablecard
device in linux (namely, that you can only record copy freely
channels, which will vary wildly by market and provider --
Anecdotally, many Comcast users will be able to use a cablecard device
to capture a lot more than is available via ClearQAM, and many/most
Time Warner customers will get nothing or next to nothing)

Robert