[mythtv-users] seeking upgrade advice 0.20 -> 0.23 backend database

Tree junk at chassit.com
Tue Jan 4 22:41:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, Ross Camm wrote:

> 2. My current backend is Debian Lenny ( 4.0 ). I know I have no hope of
> installing 0.23 as a debian package on this, but if I compile the source
> on ubuntu 10.04, what are the chances of a 'make install' on Lenny
> resulting in a successful backend running ? Will this also perform an
> 'upgrade' of the database ?

This part is incorrect.
Debian Lenny is 5.0, not 4.0. Etch was 4.0. If you're actually running
Etch, you are probably out of luck, or at least on your own.

If you are running Lenny, http://www.debian-multimedia.org has packages
for 0.23.1. This, being debian, should provide a smooth upgrade. But of
course, you should make backups of the DB beforehand.

Also, this version is based on 0.23-fixes, and has a strange interim
protocol version (23056) that may prove incompatible with other software,
like the versions in Ubuntu.

-Tree