[mythtv-users] trandcoding messes up 6 channel audio slow audio playback

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Sat Jan 1 02:52:22 UTC 2011

> I have (had) the same issue.  It's a bug in mythtranscode.  The audio is
> actually 1/3 speed because the 6 channels get cut down to 2.
>
> It's the same problem discussed here:
>
> http://www.mythtvtalk.com/playback-half-speed-after-transcoding-13472/
>
> and several times on this list (including myself)

I am glad to finally know the cause of this issue... you wouldn't believe
how much time I have spent trying different audio configurations trying to
get my transcoded videos to play  (I had a similar issue once before that
was caused by my audio output configuration).

Anyway, I am hoping someone can tell me how to fix the recordings I have
already transcoded with the broken mythtranscode.

I only have a few of them, but of course the wife is frustrated that we
can't watch them and refuses to skip the bad episodes and continue with the
ones that have not been transcoded.

Anyone have a magic command to convert these to a playable format?