[mythtv-users] Debugging problems playing DVD ISOs from Storage Groups in 0.24

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Sat Jan 1 02:45:35 UTC 2011

Can someone suggest some logging settings to use to attempt to determine
why playing DVD ISOs from Storage Groups doesn't work reliably?

I'm using the following mythbackend version:

MythTV Version   : 21b99f1
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0
Options compiled in:
  linux debug using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

I don't believe that my DVDs are encrypted and I removed libdvdcss on
the frontend and the backend as an attempt to prove that. I am able to
play all the ISOs using VLC or in mythtv when mounted using NFS but most
of the ISOs will not play in mythtv from Storage Groups.

I'm thinking of filing a bug report but would like to gather some useful
information to guide someone in debugging this problem. What information
would be useful and how would I set things up to gather the information?

Thanks

John