[mythtv-users] 0.24+fixes - tearing, /dev/rtc permissions and getting openGL to work

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 03:28:21 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Mike <mythtv at dtmc.ca> wrote:
> Thanks Mark, can the TV I have do progressive? TH-50PH9UK 50
>
> I believe when I bought it years back it could only do 1080i.
>
> Using U10.10 NVIDIA drivers its' decided to pick the settings of which
> the resolution is full-HD and as you describe looks pretty awful.
>
> I was hoping for better things after forking out for an HDMI adapter
> for the TV (original comes with PC, Component) and integrating it with
> other HDMI devices/recievers.
>
> The signal from teh Zotac HDMI now goes through an HDMI receiver then to the TV.
>
> Before, I had used the PC-mode on the television and VGA output on the
> Zotac... it worked ok but I had some really odd resolution and
> overscan issues.  Not sure if this is the 260.x NVIDIA driver to blame
> or not.  I had very little success changing NVIDIA drivers in the past
> so a little hesitant to do so now although I appreciate peoples
> comments on 260.x quality.

It can't do 1080p but it can do 1366x768p which is it's native
display. I would highly recommend you try and get a working 768p
output. This will avoid the panel having to deinterlace and scale. By
switching to the native (lower) resolution you will get the added
benefits of less memory consumption and better performance too.

Regards.
--
Taylor