[mythtv-users] Recordings / LiveTV stops - signal problem?

James Thorpe james at pawsforthorpe.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 19:13:28 UTC 2011

I have an issue (mainly with Live TV, but I've seen a couple of
recordings fail because of it) where you'll be watching something and
suddenly it will stop mid-program.  The lock information just displays
"l" rather than the full "LMS".  It began a while ago with no changes in
setup, at the time I was running 0.23 fixes - last night I upgraded to
0.24 fixes (and mythbuntu 10.10) but have seen the same issue today.
Looking through the backend logs, I see these 3 lines around the time it
happens:

2011-02-23 09:24:44.358 DevRdB(/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0) Error: Poll
giving up
2011-02-23 09:24:44.427 DVBSH(/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0) Error: Device
error detected
2011-02-23 09:24:45.388 DVBRec(4:/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0) Error:
Stream handler died unexpectedly.

I'm running two Nova HD S2 cards, and we only seem to see this on the
2nd - if you switch input to the first it will carry on happily.

The logging is currently at its default levels - if there's anything
else to look for or a particular option to turn up I'll happily do so,
or if there are any lower level logs I should be looking at rather than
myth I'd be grateful for any pointers!

Thanks,
James.