[mythtv-users] Training IR Blaster for Uverse

Tony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 16:07:15 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 8:04 PM, blake <dsblakewatson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the scripts and configs, Tony, John and Ryan. I think I'm not
> quite there, unfrortunately.
>
> What I notice is that the light on the box isn't flashing at all. The
> blaster is lighting up, but no flicker from the Uverse box. I've been using
> Tony's script--and then just irsend just to try to get some reaction out of
> it.

I notice now that I didn't send my response to the whole list.  I'll
attach it in case anyone else is interested.

> I'm using mythbuntu and I've kept the remote as an MCE remote and put the IR
> Transmitter as USB MCE for a Motorola cable box.
> Do I need to drop down a little lower and set up a file directly (lircd,
> maybe)?

The IR receiver is in the black part between the "Record" LED and the
word "Menu".  If you're still not sure, you can get the black plastic
part off without taking the box apart if you're careful by prying at
the left or right edge of it with your fingernail.  It's location is
obvious after it's removed.

-- Tony