[mythtv-users] Any Debian / Mythtv / Nvidia users here?

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 21:20:09 UTC 2011

Thanks for all this tips, this is a great post for me, I am new on
Debian and MythTV. I always install the Nvidia drivers on Squeeze
(debian-multimedia repo) with Nvidia ION:

1. Install dependencies:

apt-get install make gcc linux-headers-`uname -r` pkg-config xserver-xorg-dev

2. Uninstall nouveau driver:

apt-get remove libdrm-nouveau1

3. Stop GDM:

/etc/init.d/gdm3 stop

4. Download driver and install:

wget http://es.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/260.19.21/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.21.run
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86xxx.run

5. Start GDM:

/etc/init.d/gdm3 start

This works for me, but as I told before, I am not expert, and now I am
getting some playback problems. Maybe I must change the way for
install Nvidia drivers.

I will appreciate a little step-by-step guide to learn how do you
install this driver.

Thanks for all your help, regards.

--
Josu Lazkano