[mythtv-users] Problem with parental level on 2nd frontend

raptor jr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 16:27:23 UTC 2011

>You say you're using storage groups.... does Computer 2 have any
>directories defined under Setup->Media->Video->General Settings? If
>you have storage groups setup, these directories in Setup on Computer 2
>can all be left blank. It may be that you've given Computer 2 "direct"
>access to the videos by specifying these directories when it can get
>everything it needs via storage groups.

I didn't do any configuration, like setting upp NFS, on the second frontend when it was first started. So it did get information about the SGs from the backend because all videos was available directly. But it dont care about the parental levels.

I did check the directory setting, it was set to some default value where i dont have any files. But i did delete those entries anyway. But it didn't help.
I cant understand why it dont work, it should be so simple. One backend defined with SGs and parental levels, multiple frontends that obey the backend. But no, not for me.

Is there any extra debugging i can turn on to try to get some help? But since the videos do appear, the second frontend must read SG information from the backend, but why is parental level ignored?

/Stefan