[mythtv-users] New IPTV setup

Scott Cunningham scott at netaddicted.ca
Mon Feb 21 15:52:33 UTC 2011

I'm a noob to mythtv.  Just getting that out there up front.  I've
googled and gone through the list archive with not much luck.

Here is what I'm doing:

- I've got IPTV service from the Telco (which I also work for) delivered
on my ADSL.
- Channels are udp multicast (currently un-encrypted)
- I'm using a ASRock ION 330HT-BD and connecting eth0 to the TV port on
the modem and the wireless connected to my internal network.
- I am able to pull streams using vlc on the myth box.  Packet captures
show the IGMP traffic.
- After importing the m3u file (which populates the channel list) I
cannot get any channels to play in myth.  Get the error about not
getting lock.  Packet capture doesn't show any IGMP traffic from the
myth box.
- I've looked through the database and cannot find any of the url's in
any of the table fields.

I'm really getting frustrated with this.  Can anybody maybe provide me
with some direction on where to look for the problem?   Is the import
failing?  I've attached my m3u file as well.