[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu slow startup : 0.24-fixes problem?

John Reid johnbaronreid at netscape.net
Wed Feb 16 13:21:50 UTC 2011

On 16/02/11 11:55, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 15 February 2011 22:11, John Reid<johnbaronreid at netscape.net>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently updated to 0.24-fixes and around that time my startup times
>> became much slower. Also when the box starts I often get messages about
>> not being able to locate the b/e. I'm really not sure what is going
>> wrong (if anything), I've extracted some bits from dmesg that seem to
>> take some time. Sometimes I turn the box on and come back soon
>> afterwards to find out it has shut itself down (I've been using
>> mythwelcome very happily until recently). Could anyone have a look and
>> offer any words of advice?
> I guess you mean that upgrading to mythtbuntu 10.04 to ubuntu 10.10
> increased your boot time.
>
> Can't see what mythtv has anything to do with how slow it is for the
> machine to boot.
Good point. I'm wondering why sometimes the f/e starts before the b/e.
When this happens, I think the system gets a bit confused and this can
lead to a shutdown. I guess this is to do with mythtv, although is the
management of the startup only in mythbuntu?

I've tried the ubuntu forums without much luck :(

I've had a reply off-list from someone with a similar set-up who is
experiencing similar start-up times, so perhaps it is just to be
expected although I'm sure it all used to be much quicker. I guess
mythbuntu 10.10 is the culprit.

Thanks,
John.