[mythtv-users] registering

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 04:02:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Rick <ve1gn at nb.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Well something is clearly wrong, I did nothing.  Why is it rejecting
> mail from the list.  How do I go about fixing it.  A quick look at the
> archives makes me think this is happening to many people as the volumne
> to the list is way down.  How about giving a shout to someone that may
> know instead of an unhelpful answer.

Hey, I already said what the issue is.  Your ISP is rejecting mail from our
mailing lists to you, as of 2am GMT on February 14th.  It's nothing you did
wrong, or that we have done wrong that I know of.  They are just being
stupid, and likely think we are spamming as the number of emails from a
certain address to a certain address is over some stupid threshhold.

If you want to call Sympatico and bang your head against the wall of
bureaucracy, be my guest.  I can get you any log entries from our side that
you need.

How to fix it?  As I said before, the simplest would be to use gmail for the
mailing list, rather than depend on the whims of your ISP.

The list is still very active, but some ISPs are putting exceedingly long
waits on mailing list traffic (like Yahoo, AOL and AT&T), and it seems now
Sympatico can be added to the list of "not mailing list friendly ISPs".  It
may settle out over time, I don't know.