[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Reynolds, Brian Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com
Mon Feb 14 20:56:53 UTC 2011

[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org]
> On Behalf Of jedi
> Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 3:17 PM
> To: match at ece.utah.edu; Discussion about MythTV
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

<snip>

>     Yes. Except didn't Brian just have a problem with MythBuntu that
he
> would not have had with stock Ubuntu? As someone that's got a fresh
> perspective, it would be interesting to see his take on the
differences.

>     A lot of what makes MythTV work isn't just MythTV. It also
includes
> all of the hardware bits like his tuner and video card.
>
>     If everything goes off without a hitch, then the Myth Distro is
> fine. Otherwise, it's probably more of a hassle.
>
>     Like I said. It will be interesting to get his take on it.

I'll see how I feel after I try installing it on my son's computer.  His
has an nVidia card.  I didn't have much time to mess with it last night.
I was hoping it might just work with the ATI card I had in that machine.
In between e-mail to/from this list yesterday, I was actually working
(for my employer) on a project that took me most of the day.  My attempt
to install Mythbuntu was just a quick distraction.  I didn't have time
to get very deep into it.  This being Valentine's day, I doubt I'll get
to it tonight either... I think my girlfriend has plans for me. ;-)

Brian