[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Reynolds, Brian Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com
Mon Feb 14 21:06:48 UTC 2011

[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Nick Rout

> Brian, you might like to start a brand new thread once you start to
install mythbuntu. IE a brand
> new email (not a reply to an existing one) and a brand new subject
line, we'll start again as this
> thread is very long. There are some not immediately apparent tweaks
you will want to know about
> to get the latest mythtv packages etc.
>
> You might also be pleased to know that mythfrontend WILL work on
windows,
> I have had it working on two win7 machines but it did fail on a vista
machine for reasons i could not fathom.

Nick, Vista isn't a favorite for many people.  I have it on the laptop
supplied by my employer, mainly because our IT guy was too lazy to
install Windows 7.  It took me a while to tweak Vista to eliminate some
nagging network problems, and now that it's finally stable, I don't want
him to touch it.  I don't want to have to setup my whole machine again
on Win7... and he wanted to wipe it clean and start fresh.

I agree that this thread has gotten way off topic several times.  That's
why I sent a separate one for my problems with Mythbuntu last night.

I'll be back if/when I have other questions.  I'll see if I can get the
machine to boot up directly into WinXP again, probably tomorrow or
Thursday, and then I'll mess with Myth on my son's machine.

Brian