[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 10 19:48:44 UTC 2011

On 02/10/2011 02:01 PM, Justin Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
>>> There was a way to search using an on-screen keyboard, but that's
>>> tedious for obvious reasons.
>>>
>>> As for the hearing about a new show, my favorite rule on my myth
>>> system is the custom rule to record any show that has an id of EP*001,
>>> which basically encompasses all pilot episodes, plus some random other
>>> stuff that I usually ignore. Unfortunately, it's a good way to start
>>> watching a *ton* of new shows, but is a great way to see all the new
>>> shows when the "season" starts.
>>> Naturally, there was no way to do this in MC.
>> Please oh please share this rule :)
> See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/443130 for a discussion.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/188789#188789

I modified the example in the custom rules editor to allow any show with
Pilot in the subtitle--many networks are airing episodes out of order
or, never airing the 0001 episode ("unaired pilots").

Note, also, for those of you not using Schedules Direct, there's the New
Titles search--which shows any shows with titles that haven't been seen
in 11 months (11months allows you to see the holiday specials every year).

Mike