[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

David Liana dliana.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:19:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

<snipped a whole lotta good stuff>

> Eric

I have to agree with Eric.

I've found that (in my area at least) that the DVR's provided by the cable
companies have limited storage and aren't upgraded easily, and can't say,
stream to my laptop while I'm in bed (no room for TV, yet).

I like the fact that I can stream myth recordings to any computer in my
house, and I'm not tied down to a specific device or TV only.  And I can
access other media - i.e. pictures, DVD, rips, etc.  I am thinking about
ripping out my DVD players and replacing them with ION boxes.