[mythtv-users] Firewire recording/configuration difficulties

GZ gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 05:18:32 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 12:32 PM, GZ <gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Although I haven't upgraded my backend to use firewire, I've been testing it
> out with recent Fedora live USB images.  I can comfirm that the output of
> test_mpeg2 is clean on my system.  At the very least, it plays in mplayer
> without nasty blockiness.  I've heard that some people have problems with
> the firewire output from the RNG-110 working in mplayer but not in mythtv.
> IIRC, the RNG-110 in some cases outputs non-standards-compliant streams,
> something out nonexistant PMT tables. you should be able to find it with
> google.  I cannot remember if I've tested for this.  I'll see if I can do
> this tonight.

Hi Brent,
I just ran the test.  Firewire_tester for 500 runs in p2p mode came
back cleanly - all successes.  I tried recording a channel in HD.  It
played back perfectly in mythtv, so we likely don't have the PMT issue
in the Seattle area.

lspci for my firewire card shows the following:
FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB43AB23 IEEE-1394a-2000
Controller (PHY/Link)

Hope this helps.
-Greg