[mythtv-users] OT: Hiring some remote help (to set up a Calendar server)

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sat Dec 31 00:10:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 12/30/2011 5:38 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> I think Kenni woke up hungover, and grumpy.

If Kenni had not replied to the OP another MythTV developer would have.

All the MythTV developers who have posted on this thread, myself
included, agree that this was the thing to do.

> I think you can ignore him and carry on as usual.

I am sure that in your hobbies or work there rules that have been
established to make sure things are done in an orderly fashion.

What would you say if you were responsible to enforce them and somebody
would come up and tell people to disregard you when you are trying to
enforce them.

That's essentially what you have done here...

If this was a forum one of the moderators (devs) would have closed the
thread but as this is a mailing list our options are pretty limited in
this regard.

> I've been hanging here for years and I can ignore or even blacklist
> threads I do not like. I can also learn a lot by reading threads which
> at first I do not think are worth reading.

Why should people have to do that where there are a lot of other places
where this thread could have been posted and would have been on-topic?

Why should we have to resort to this?

(And trust me I am not saying that because I don't have the means to do
it. I could easily filter threads at home both at the MUA, MTA and
content filter level...)

> And yes, this list is a LOT better than some others for knowledge and
> for courtesy, generally both delivered jointly. Long may it be so.

I thought that Kenni's reply was OK in this regard but then English is
not my mother tongue and it's not Kenni's either so maybe I (and he) can
sometimes use expressions which come out too strong.

(I am not saying he did since it seems OK to me but it looks like you
thought his reply was uncourteous...)

Have a nice day,

Nicolas