[mythtv-users] MythBackend with no Tuners

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Dec 30 22:33:54 UTC 2011

For some years I have had a BE/FE setup on this desktop machine at work.

Purely for research and testing purposes, of course.

The box has no tuners, but uses a copy of the mythconverg database from
the mythbox at home. The 'programs' 'recorded' here are mainly downloads
or copies of programs recorded at home.

Recently, I upgraded to Fedora 16 and a new git of master trunk. The
backend starts but after checking the tuners, and finding none, shuts down.

This used to work. I would like to have 'tuners' to match the lineup
inputs and be able to view the upcoming TV schedule.
Does anyone know why this no longer works, and how, if at all, I can
work-around it?

Geoff