[mythtv-users] 0.24 with digital audio

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 01:47:43 UTC 2011

Hi

On 22 December 2011 12:28, Scott & Nicole Harris <snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
> I am trying to recall the exact problem I was encountering when Music was
> left as "default".  I believe that when left as "default", the upmixing
> option in MythMusic would either crash Myth entirely or cause no sound.

You can disable upmixing in mythmusic separately from the main
upmixing settings.

> However, when flipped Music to the same setting I used in the "Audio" screen
> in of your 0.24 builds (ALSA:hmdi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3 in my case with my 430),
> it works fine.  I just double checked, and it is indeed still set to
> ALSA:hmdi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3 in Music settings on my system, working
> flawlessly.

Try putting it back to default.

The way mythmusic code works, is that if it sees "default" as the
device name; it simply replace it with the audio device found in the
main setting.
here is the code:
    if (gCoreContext->GetSetting("MusicAudioDevice") == "default")
        adevice = gCoreContext->GetSetting("AudioOutputDevice");

So setting the audio device name to be both the same will make *no*
difference ; because effectively it's exactly the same thing.

> Now, that was a year ago or so, it may not still be a problem, however that
> setting works, so I've left it there.  I have the same setting on the
> frontend in my bedroom, which is simply HDMI -> TV.  Music is set to the
> same setting as "Audio" uses.

same as above.
"default" means "use the same name as in the main setting"