[mythtv-users] 0.24 with digital audio

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Thu Dec 22 01:28:16 UTC 2011

>> Once I found the right one, I just copied and pasted the audio device
>> from

>> TV settings into Music settings.  Worked fine for me.

>I can't think of a single reason why using something else than default
>would make it work...
>That settings is mostly obsolete and is only kept because there are
>some people who wants to play music through a different path than the
>main audio (like high-end amp)

I am trying to recall the exact problem I was encountering when Music was
left as "default".  I believe that when left as "default", the upmixing
option in MythMusic would either crash Myth entirely or cause no sound.
However, when flipped Music to the same setting I used in the "Audio" screen
in of your 0.24 builds (ALSA:hmdi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3 in my case with my 430),
it works fine.  I just double checked, and it is indeed still set to
ALSA:hmdi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3 in Music settings on my system, working
flawlessly.

Now, that was a year ago or so, it may not still be a problem, however that
setting works, so I've left it there.  I have the same setting on the
frontend in my bedroom, which is simply HDMI -> TV.  Music is set to the
same setting as "Audio" uses.