[mythtv-users] No IVTV in 0.25?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 00:38:56 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Saul A. Peebsen <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:

> The future seems pretty dark right now, I do not think our voice is
> heard. There was a bug filed but it did not catch any attention. Once
> 0.24 expires I'm thinking about trying out VDR.

You are using development code.  We fix bugs as we find time and interest,
and there's no such thing as ".25."  The currently active versions are .24,
and master.  We have two developers using HVR-2250s with master without
issue.  Since you're using development code, you have the option to find
and fix what you believe are bugs, or report and live with them if they are
indeed bugs.  You appear to believe that we treat our development code as a
supported release-- it isn't one.  If you cannot fix your own bugs, and you
cannot live with them existing, then master is not for you.  Things are
frequently *knowingly* broken in development code for many months at a time
as we work through issues, develop new features, refactor old code, etc.
 Master is not supported as a release precisely because we expect it to be
broken.  I have half a dozen known broken features in master in code I
myself maintain because I have projects in-progress-- multiply that by the
number of developers and you have many potential half-finished and broken
features.

The future is no more dark than it is at any time with development code--
The only reason there might be fewer periods of brokenness in VDR is
because the pace of their development is frankly glacial compared to ours.

Robert