[mythtv-users] Myth front end freeze. EEBox PC, ION2 VDPAU.

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:45:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 8:11 AM, linux guy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> Certain actions will result in an "input lock" (where mythfrontend stops
>> responding to any input at all--keyboard or LIRC or ...), such as the TV
>> Playback/SCREENSHOT key binding (not the "Screen Shot" jump point) on
>> 0.24.x (and 0.23.x and ...).  I don't know of any others off the top of
>> my head, but there may be more.
>
> ????
>
> To start the video playing, I am only using the keyboard.
>
> I start mythfront end, press Enter on TV, press Enter on Watch TV and it runs.
>
> My next step is to press ESC.
>
> New development:  It actually read the ESC key because the vid stopped
> playing and the screen went black.   The front end computer is now
> locked.
>
> This is the first time its done that.
>
> I can then kill it with the remote session.  The desktop returns and I
> can run the front end computer normally.
>
> I guess its having some issue with exiting the playing of a feed.
>
> Its not a focus or input issue.
>
> Any ideas ?

Sounds a little like an issue I sometimes have. 0.24-fixes (mythbuntu)
on Revo (ION 1). If I go to the EPG direct from playback, and then go
back to the playing programme, the screen goes black, but the video is
clearly playing (the sound is there, just a blank screen). If I pause
and unpause the picture somes back. Weird, and since I don't often go
to the epg from playback, not too concerning for me.

My recordings are generally mpeg2 (576i) or h264 (1080i).