[mythtv-users] howto record shows for more 10 minutes ahead of schedule and 30 mins after

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Wed Dec 14 15:20:21 UTC 2011

Op 14-12-2011 15:11, Rob Verduijn schreef:

>         > option 2
>         > utilities/setup->setup->tv-settings->next->next->next
>         > 'time to record before show starts(secs)' 600
>         > 'time to record past end of show(secs)'  1800
>         > category : undefined
>         > record past end of shows (mins): 30
>         >
>         > cheers
>         > Rob
>         >

>         Option 2 should do what you want for every show, the second
>         part of that
>         is for shows of a certain category that always overshot their
>         slot.
>
>         I'm from the Netherlands as well, care to share which channels
>         these
>         are? I never had such big problems with channels...
>
>         Jos
>
>         P.S. Bottompost is appreciated on this list.
>

>     Ok Bottomposting
>
>     I will disable the first option putting them at zero (since I'm
>     about to plug in an additional two tuners next to the two I
>     already got I don't need that one)
>
>     Well regarding the recordings for dutch channels..try to record
>     one of the more high profile movies on any one of the RTL
>     stations, they tend to screw up their programming quite a lot. I
>     update my tv schedules only once a day due to the fact that it
>     takes forever and I don't have digital tv. I haven't been able to
>     see the beginning of a movie for some time on those channels.
>
>     Also nickelodeon is a good one for messing up their schedule for
>     more than 10 mins in the early hours.
>      (I've been trying to get a full recording of 'shaun the sheep'
>     for 3 days now) And I was seriously pissed at them for messing up
>     'Sinterklaas Journaal'. I had some real difficulties explaining
>     those to the kids.
>
>     Rob Verduijn
>

> btw we are drifting a bit from my original question
>
> how can I extend it beyond 10 minutes early and 30 minutes late  ?
>

> Rob Verduijn
It should be possible to change the 600 and 1800 to values you desire in
seconds, so for an hour 3600. It doesn't however work for back to back
recordings on same channel.
I generally plan my recordings via mythweb and sometimes set an
overrecord of 10-15 minutes.

Nickelodeon is indeed horrible, many short shows and haphazard use of
commercials. They never start early it seems, but sometimes broacast
completely different from schedule.
RTL otoh is pretty ok with abiding by it's schedule, only when
news-flashes interrupt or special themeshows are broadcast they veer
off-schedule.
Which listingsprovider do you use? XMLTV-based?

Jos